Easy Keto Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
I learned pretty early on in my keto journey that cheesecake is one of the easiest desserts to “keto-fy.” The base ingredients of cream cheese and egg are keto friendly as is, so in many cases all you need to do is swap out the sugar for a keto friendly sweetener. Low carb cheesecake crust recipes can get a little trickier, but for these easy keto cheesecake bars, I decided to skip the hassle and go with a simple cookie crust.
Obviously most store bought cookies won’t work, but Nui cookies are a great low carb alternative (and since they were recently on Shark Tank, maybe they’ll be in stores soon!). In any case, they work perfectly here because they use basically the same ingredients that I would to make my own: almond flour, butter, eggs, cocoa powder, etc. They are crisp, chocolaty, and with a little time in the food processor and a drizzle of butter they make the perfect crust! Everything is topped off with a creamy layer of mint cheesecake for the perfect flavor combination.
Keto Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 8 NUI Double Chocolate Chip cookies
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar equivalent keto sweetener see notes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp mint extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3-4 drops green food coloring optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare an 8x8 square baking dish by lining with parchment paper.
Prep the Cookie Crust
- Add cookies to a food processor or blender and pulse until no large chunks remain.
- Add melted butter to cookie crumbles, and stir to combine. Press the cookie mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish to form an even base layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven, then remove from oven and allow to cool while you make the filling.
Prep the Mint Cheesecake Filling
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add granulated Lakanto (or other sweetener), vanilla extract, and mint extract. Continue beating until well combined.
- At medium low speed, add the egg and egg yolk. Mix until just combined.
- Finally, stir in food coloring (if using) to reach your desired shade of green.
Layer and Bake
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the prepared cookie crust and smooth into an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until set in the center.
- Cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set.
Slice and Serve
- Once chilled and set, slice into individual servings. Top with whipped cream, chocolate drizzle, and/or more crushed cookies if desired.
- To save on the Nui cookies in this recipe, you can use the code TRYKETO for 10% off when ordering on the Nui site here. You can also swap in another chocolate crust recipe instead.
- I like to use Lakanto Original for this recipe (save 20% w/ code TRYKETO), but 1/3 cup of any sugar equivalent granulated sweetener should work. You can also use 1/3 cup granulated erythritol with a few drops of liquid stevia or sucralose to taste.
- You can easily leave out the mint extract and food coloring to make cookies and cream cheesecake bars instead.
This post may contain affiliate links. More details.