Easy Keto Pimento Cheese
Calling this recipe “keto pimento cheese” might be a little redundant. After all, most pimento cheese recipes out there will be pretty low in carbs by default. The main base ingredients of cheese and mayo are low carb staples, and the peppers themselves add a lot of flavor without contributing many carbs to the macros. Storebought versions can be a little iffier on ingredients, but most homemade versions will be pretty safe.
What sets this keto pimento cheese recipe apart for me is using cream cheese as the base instead of mayo. I personally prefer the texture and creaminess you get from that switch, although mayo is still included to make the final product smoother and add some healthy fats. Another added benefit of using cream cheese? This keto pimento cheese will melt really smoothly when heated. This means you can enjoy it warm too!
Another perk is the addition of diced jalapeno and a handful of spices to give this recipe some extra kick. The combination of creaminess and flavor makes this keto pimento cheese pretty versatile. It’s a great dip for snacks like veggies, pork rinds, and low carb pita chips. It also works well as a filling for peppers, lettuce wraps, or eggs.
This recipe makes about three cups, which should give you enough to try it out in different ways. It also makes a good keto-friendly party dish (serve it alongside keto taco dip!) or you can scale the recipe up or down as needed.
Keto Pimento Cheese
- Cream together cream cheese, shredded cheddar, mayo, and spices with a food processor, mixer, or by hand.
- Add pimento and jalapeno, and process/mix again until well combined.
- Serve as a dip, filling, or spread. Store leftovers refrigerated in a sealed container.
- For a thinner/more spreadable texture, add an additional 1/4 cup of mayo and/or some of the liquid from the pimentos.
- I like the flavor combination of using half sharp and half mild cheddar here, but you can use all one or the other if desired. In either case, I recommend using freshly shredded cheese if possible as it will blend better.
- I think this keto pimento cheese has a good amount of kick, but not too much. Feel free to adjust the amount of jalapeno and/or cayenne pepper to get the right amount of heat for you.