Crunchy Keto Pita Chips
These crispy low carb pita chips are perfect for dipping or topping. Per serving (~10 chips): 175kcal, 13g fat, 10g protein, 5g total carbs – 3g fiber = 2g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 25m
- Serves: 4 servings
- Yield: about 40 chips
- 4 ounces (~113g) shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons (~28g) butter
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 egg white, beaten until frothy
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or other spices to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Add mozzarella and butter to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 60-75 seconds, or until cheese is melted, and stir to combine.
- Mix in garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and about half of the coconut flour. Microwave for an additional 20-30 seconds, and stir again.
- Fold in remaining coconut flour and egg white. Turn dough out onto a clean, lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten dough into a rectangle, just under 1/8" thick. Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut dough into individual chips (you should get about 40).
- Arrange chips on prepared baking sheet, and sprinkle with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Bake for 12-15 minutes in preheated oven, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet before serving. Enjoy right away, or store in a sealed container for up to 3 days.