Keto Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Bake
With this yummy combination of chicken, bacon, veggies, and alfredo sauce, you won’t even miss the pasta. Per 1/4 recipe: ~645 calories, 49g fat, 52g protein, 7g total carbs – 2g fiber = 5g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 35m
- Total Time: 45m
- Serves: 4 servings
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 slices bacon (thick cut recommended)
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 22oz or ~616g)
- 2 ounces (~56g) kale, chopped
- 8 ounces (~227g) raw broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 1/2 cups keto-friendly alfredo sauce
- 1 1/2 ounces (~42g) shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 ounce (~14g) shredded parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (optional)
Seasoning for Chicken
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon EACH salt, dried basil, dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH onion powder, dried parsley, crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Combine all seasoning ingredients for chicken and set aside.
- In an oven safe skillet or pan over medium high heat, cook bacon until crispy (5-7 minutes). Set cooked bacon aside, but reserve ~1 tablespoon of the fat in the pan.
- Season chicken breast on both sides with recommended seasoning (or other spice blend of choice). Cook in reserved bacon fat, 6-8 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove cooked chicken from pan and set aside to cool.
- Lower heat to medium. Add minced garlic and chopped kale to pan, and saute for about 2 minutes, or until kale is just wilted. Remove pan from heat.
- Coarsely chop cooked bacon, and cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Add chicken, broccoli, and ~3/4 of the chopped bacon to the pan with the kale, and mix to combine.
- Pour alfredo sauce over the mixture and toss to coat. Top with shredded mozzarella, parmesan, and remaining bacon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until broccoli is tender and cheese is melted. Optionally, broil for 2-3 minutes to lightly brown the cheese. Top with fresh basil before serving.