Keto Cinnamon Roll Pancake Recipe
Cinnamon roll pancakes that are keto-friendly. What else can I say?
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 30m
- Yield: ~6 pancakes
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or sugar free vanilla syrup
- 2 teaspoons sugar substitute, or more to taste
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- almond milk or half and half as needed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon sugar free maple syrup, or additional sweetener
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg (optional)
Cream Cheese Topping
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or sugar free vanilla syrup
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- heavy cream or half and half as needed
- sweetener to taste
Cream Cheese Topping
- Mix ingredients in a small bowl until well combined, adding liquid as needed to thin. Ideally, you want something thin enough to pour. Set aside.
- Add ingredients to a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sweetener (if granulated) is dissolved, and ingredients are well combined. Turn off the heat and set aside. (Alternatively, use a microwave.)
- Combine softened cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, sugar substitute, and cinnamon using a blender or mixer.
- Add coconut flour, baking powder, and cinnamon, blending again until very well combined.
- NOTE: Batter may thicken if left to sit for more than a few minutes. If this occurs, add almond milk or half and half as needed to thin it.
Making the pancakes
- Pour circles of batter about 4 inches in diameter onto an electric griddle set to 325F or a greased pan over medium heat.
- When the top begins to bubble, drizzle a spiral of the cinnamon swirl mixture over the surface of the pancake. Using a spoon or knife, swirl the cinnamon into the pancake.
- Flip pancakes when edges begin to harden and bottom is golden brown.
- NOTE: Wipe the pan between batches to prevent burning.
- Reheat cream cheese frosting if needed. Serve pancakes swirl side up, with cream cheese and remaining cinnamon swirl mixture drizzled on top.