Keto Garlic Parmesan Broiled Shrimp
Serve these cheesy keto shrimp alongside steak for the perfect surf ‘n turf, or with zuchinni noodles as its own meal. Per 4 shrimp: ~265kcal, 20g fat, 19g protein, <1g net carbs
- Prep Time: 35m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Total Time: 40m
- Serves: 4
- Yield: 16 shrimp
- 16 raw jumbo shrimp (~12oz)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsely
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 ounces (~42g) fresh grated parmesan
Marinate the Shrimp
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate for at least 30 minutes, and up to 4 hours.
Top the Shrimp
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- With a small paring knife, butterfly the shrimp by cutting along the inner curve; be careful not to cut all the way through. Fan the shrimp open and arrange cut side up on the prepared baking sheet. Baste with any leftover marinade.
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Brush each shrimp with ~1/2t of this mixture. Finally, top shrimp with grated parmesan.
Broil the Shrimp
- Place the shrimp under a broiler set to high for 5-6 minutes, or until the topping is golden and the shrimp are cooked through. Be careful not to overcook.