Keto Vanilla Chai Roasted Almonds
Almonds are already a great low carb snack, but why not try kicking the flavor up a notch with this keto vanilla chai almond recipe. Per 1/4C serving: ~170kcal, 14g fat, 7g protein, 2.6g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 35m
- Serves: 12 servings
- Yield: about 3 cups
- 12 ounces (340g, about 3 cups) raw unsalted almonds
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated keto friendly sweetener
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chai spice mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300F. Prepare a baking pan by lining with parchment paper, or greasing thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, combine sweetener, chai spice, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites and vanilla until frothy and thoroughly combined. Add almonds and toss to coat.
- Add sweetener mix to the bowl with the almonds and mix until almonds are evenly coated.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer coated almonds to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in preheated oven or until crisp, stirring once after 15 minutes. Allow to cool before eating. Store in a sealed container.