Low Carb Almond Flour Biscuits
These low carb almond flour drop biscuits are perfect served with butter and your favorite breakfast topping. Per biscuit: 195kcal, 17g fat, 8g protein, 5g total carbs – 3.1g fiber = 1.9g net carbs
- Prep Time: 12m
- Cook Time: 18m
- Total Time: 30m
- Serves: 6
- Yield: 6 biscuits
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated erythritol (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cold
- 2 large eggs, plus 1 white
- 1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare a sheet pan by lining with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Using a fork, pastry cutter, or food processor, cut the butter into the flour mixture until the texture resembles fine crumbs. Chill the butter beforehand if necessary; it should be very cold.
- Separately, whisk the eggs and egg white vigorously until light and frothy. Add the greek yogurt and whisk again until combined.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix gently until combined.
- Using a large spoon or 1/4C measuring cup, drop batter onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes in preheated oven, or until tops are golden brown. Serve warm or room temperature.