Keto Waffle Breakfast Sandwich
This keto breakfast sandwich recipe uses mini low carb waffles to make an easy, filling breakfast. Nutrition for waffles and egg only.
Keto Mini Waffles
- 1 ounce (28g) cream cheese softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp butter melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or maple extract
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp flax meal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp granulated Lakanto Classic or sugar free maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp heavy cream optional
- salt and pepper to taste
Filling (choose one or more)
- meat (bacon, sausage, ham, etc.) cooked
- veggies (avocado, tomato, etc.)
- condiments (sugar free jam, syrup, nut butter, etc.)
Keto Waffle Breakfast Sandwich Prep
Stir together all waffle ingredients until batter is smooth and well combined.
Separately, whisk together egg ingredients.
Preheat mini waffle maker and spray with coconut oil if desired.
Make the Keto Waffles
Add half of batter to preheated waffle iron, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
Repeat for the other half of the waffle batter.
Set keto waffles aside.
Assemble Keto Breakfast Sandwich
While the egg is still warm, make your breakfast sandwich by adding your egg, cheese, and desired fillings to the waffles. Serve immediately.
- You can whip up a fried egg for this keto breakfast sandwich if you prefer, either on the stove or on the waffle maker itself.
- You can make the waffles (and fillings) for this low carb waffle breakfast sandwich ahead of time for a quicker start in the morning. You can even prep the whole thing the night before!
- This recipe is designed for the specific mini waffle maker I have, but it should work with larger "sectioned" waffle makers too. Just use a "section" for each component.
- Be careful when adding the egg, as there can be spillage if you add too much/too fast.
Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 28g | Fiber: 3.5g