Spiced Keto Candied Pecans with Bacon
This keto candied pecan recipe is the perfect balance of sweet, salty, spicy, and savory. The addition of bacon makes for an extra satisfying snack.
- 6 ounces bacon diced
- 8 ounces pecans
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Golden or other keto sweetener
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 dash allspice optional
- 1/4 tsp maple or vanilla extract optional
Prep a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
Combine sweetener and spices (salt, pepper, cinnamon, cayenne, nutmeg, and allspice).
Add diced bacon to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until nearly crisp, 10-12 minutes.
Add pecans to skillet and toss to coat. Toast, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes.
Add about half of the spice mixture to the pecans, and toss again, cooking for another minute or so.
Add maple extract and remaining spice mixture. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, continuing to stir, until pecans and bacon are thoroughly coated.
Transfer mixture to prepared baking sheet and allow to cool/set before eating.
Storage: Store in a sealed container at room temperature.
- The amount of bacon listed is based on uncooked weight. It should work out to be about six slices.
- You can skip the salt if your pecans are already salted, or if your bacon is particularly salty.
- For extra maple flavor, add a quick drizzle of sugar free maple syrup in addition to (or instead of) the maple extract.
This post may contain affiliate links. More details.
Serving: 1.5oz | Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4.5g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g