Keto Chili Lime Sauce
This flavorful Thai-inspired sauce is perfect with chicken wings, shirmp, veggies, and more. Per tablespoon: ~2 calories, ~0.5g carbs
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 15m
- Serves: 16
- Yield: about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup (~240ml) water
- juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest (optional)
- 1/4 cup granulated keto-friendly sweetener, more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons low carb ketchup
- 1 tablespoon coconut or rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
- Add all ingredients (except xantham gum) to a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until sweetener is fully dissolved, stirring often.
- Transfer sauce to a blender or food processor. Add xantham gum if using. Pulse in blender 3-5 times, or until any large pieces of chili, ginger, etc. are broken up.
- Return sauce to heat, and simmer for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until desired consistency. Sauce will thicken as it cooks, and further as it cools.
- Best served warm or room temperature. Store refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 7-10 days.