Buffalo Blue Cheese Keto Chicken Wings
These keto chicken wings are tossed with a spicy buffalo sauce and tangy blue cheese.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 20 chicken wing sections about 1.67 pound
Buffalo Blue Cheese Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced (optional)
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 tbsp granulated Lakanto Classic optional
- 1.5 ounces blue cheese crumbled
Prep the Wings
In a small bowl or other container, combine all keto wing rub ingredients.
Sprinkle wings with rub and toss to coat, then cook according to one of the options below.
Cook the Wings (Air Fryer Method)
Add seasoned wings to air fryer. Cook at 380F for 24 minutes, tossing every 8 minutes.
Increase air fryer temperature to 400F. Cook wings for an additional 5-15 minutes or until crisp, tossing every 5 minutes.
Cook the Wings (Oven Method)
Preheat oven to 300F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper and/or a baking rack.
Bake wings for 25 minutes, flipping once about halfway through.
Increase oven temperature to 425F.
Bake wings for an additional 30 minutes or until crisp, flipping every 10 minutes.
Make the Keto Buffalo Blue Cheese Sauce
While the wings cook, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Add garlic and green onion. Saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add hot sauce, mayo, and sweetener, and stir well to combine. Simmer for about 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
If desired, pulse sauce in blender (or with an immersion blender) until smooth.
While sauce is still warm, stir in about 2/3 of the crumbled blue cheese.
- If you prefer deep fried wings, those will work too. I just prefer using the air fryer or oven for less mess.
- FYI: The baking powder helps to make these keto buffalo wings crispy, even when coated in the sauce. It shouldn't have an impact on the taste.
- You can substitute the mayo in the wing sauce for the same amount of ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Serving: 190g | Calories: 465kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 37g | Fiber: 0.25g