Keto Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
This keto jalapeno popper chicken recipe turns the flavors of the classic appetizer into a full main dish.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 ounce shredded cheddar
- 1 ounce shredded mozzarella
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing optional
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
Prep the Filling
Slice the jalapenos into rings. Take about 1/4 of the sliced jalapeno and dice further into small pieces. Set aside the rest for later.
Add the diced jalapeno from the previous step to the filling ingredients and combine.
Cut the bacon slices into four pieces each.
Fill the Chicken
Make four equally spaced horizontal slices into each chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way through.
Tuck a piece of bacon into each "pocket" you created in the chicken.
Add filling into each pocket alongside the bacon. Finally, top the filling with the sliced jalapeno.
Air Fryer Method
Cook keto jalapeno popper stuffed chicken in air fryer at 400F for 20-22 minutes, until chicken is cooked through, bacon is crisp, and filling is melted and lightly browned.
Place keto jalapeno popper stuffed chicken in prepared baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and filling is melted and lightly browned.
Optionally, broil for 2-3 minutes to fully crisp the bacon.
- The air fryer method for this keto jalapeno popper stuffed chicken cooks quicker and results in more consistently crispy bacon.
- Alternatively, you can cook the bacon separately and crumble over the finished chicken.
- Use more or less jalapeno depending on your spice preferences.
Calories: 460kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Fiber: 0.5g