Keto Coffee Cake Muffins with Cinnamon Nut Streusel
These keto coffee cake muffins layer moist cake, cinnamon streusel, and a sweet vanilla glaze for the perfect morning treat.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 12 muffins
Keto Coffee Cake Batter
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup granulated Lakanto Classic or other sweetener
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or other nut milk, room temp
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
Keto Cinnamon Streusel
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup granulated Lakanto Classic or other sweetener
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg optional
- 1.5 ounces chopped walnuts or pecans
- 4 tbsp butter melted
Keto Vanilla Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered Lakanto or other powdered sweetener
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk or other nut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dash cinnamon
Prep the Streusel
Combine almond flour, sweetener, cinnamon, nutmeg, and nuts. Stir in melted butter until just combined, and set aside.
Prep the Coffee Cake Batter
In a mixing bowl, combine dry coffee cake ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
Separately, whisk together wet ingredients (melted butter, eggs, almond milk, sour cream, and vanilla).
Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine.
Layer and Bake
Divide half of the batter between prepared muffin cups, about one rounded tablespoon each. Top with half of the struesel mixture. Repeat the layers, topping with the remaining batter and then crumbling the rest of the streusel on top.
Bake in preheated oven for 22-25 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for about 5 minutes before removing.
Prep the Glaze
While the muffins bake/cool: Add powdered sweetener, cinnamon, and vanilla to a small bowl. Slowly stir in 1-2 tablespoons of almond milk, until glaze is thin enough to drizzle.
- To store: Allow keto coffee cake muffins to cool completely, then transfer to a storage bag or sealed container. Store at room temperature for up to two days, or refrigerated for 5-7 days.
- I used salted butter in this recipe. If using unsalted, add an additional pinch of salt to both the batter and streusel.
- Pumpkin spice works well in this recipe as an addition or replacement for some of the cinnamon.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Fiber: 3.25g