Instant Pot Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Use the Instant Pot to make this hearty keto broccoli cheddar soup packed with veggies and creamy, cheesy goodness.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 ounces onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 2 ounces celery diced
- 2 ounces carrot diced
- 1 lb broccoli florets chopped into small pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg optional
- 1 cup half and half or cream
Prep the Veggies
Set Instant Pot to "Saute" and add butter. Once butter is melted, add diced onion and saute until softened, about 2 minutes.
Add garlic and red pepper and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add diced carrot and celery, and saute for a final 1-2 minutes, stirring often. Turn off the Saute setting.
Add broccoli and broth to Instant Pot. Secure the lid and set valve to sealing. Select "High Pressure" and set timer for 4 minutes.
Prep the Roux
Combine coconut flour, xanthan gum, and spices.
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the coconut flour mixture to form a paste-like mixture.
Slowly add the half and half, whisking as you pour. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until thickened, then remove from heat.
Finish the Soup
Quick release the Instant Pot pressure when the timer ends. Remove the lid, and return Instant Pot to the "Saute" setting.
Stir in the roux mixture and simmer until thickened. Add cream and stir to heat through. Gradually add the cheddar, stirring until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
This post may contain affiliate links. More details.
- Store refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 5 days. Soup may settle, so stir leftovers before serving. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove over medium heat.
- If you prefer, you can use shredded or matchstick carrots instead of diced. They will cook quicker, so add them in with the broccoli instead of with the celery.
- For an additional flavor and nutrition boost, I recommend using a quality bone broth like Kettle and Fire. To keep things vegetarian, you can use veggie broth instead.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.5g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 25g | Sodium: 400mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 80% | Vitamin C: 42% | Calcium: 53% | Iron: 3%