Keto Roasted Broccoli with Almonds
This keto roasted broccoli with almonds is a great, flavorful low carb side dish, balanced with a squeeze of lemon juice and fresh parmesan cheese.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 20 ounces broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup olice oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 ounce sliced almonds
- 3/4 ounce shaved or shredded parmesan
- 2 tsp lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 425F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
Whisk together olive oil, garlic, and red pepper. Toss oil mixture with broccoli to coat.
Spread broccoli into an even layer onto prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 12 minutes.
Remove from oven, and gently toss broccoli on the baking sheet. Top with sliced almonds.
Bake for an additional 6-8 minutes, or until almonds are toasted and broccoli is tender.
Remove from oven, sprinkle with lemon juice (or balsamic vinegar) and top with parmesan. Serve immediately.
- Store refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- To ensure even cooking, make sure to cut the broccoli into similarly sized pieces and roast in an even layer. Half large florets for better caramelization.
- Instead of parmesan, you can also use a similarly flavorful cheese such as asiago or pecorino.
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 19g | Fiber: 5g