Keto Pumpkin French Toast
With pumpkin flavor, cinnamon, and the perfect amount of sweetness, this keto pumpkin French toast recipe is the perfect low carb breakfast for cold weather.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 slices
- 4 slices keto-friendly bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
- 2 tsp Lakanto Golden or other keto sweetener, optional
Prep the keto pumpkin French toast batter by whisking together the egg, cream, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and sweetener until smooth.
Dip bread into the batter and flip to thoroughly coat both sides.
Melt half of the butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the first two slices of French toast and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining butter and French toast.
Serve keto pumpkin French toast topped with butter, sugar free syrup, chopped nuts, and/or whipped cream as desired.
- Storage: Once cooled, you can store leftover keto pumpkin French toast refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- Reheating: Reheat in the microwave, toaster, or in a nonstick pan over medium low heat.
- Several of my local grocery stores now carry low carb bread options. Online, you can find brands like Chompies and Kiss My Keto bread. Homemade is also an option! You can check your ketone levels with a tool like Keto-Mojo or Keyto if you are concerned about ingredient sensitivities.
- Nutritional estimate provided is based on using Natural Ovens Keto-Friendly Bread, and will vary based on bread used.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Fiber: 12g