Jalapeno Cheddar Keto Cauliflower Tots
These keto cauliflower tots have a great combination of cheesy cheddar and spicy jalapeno flavor. A great side for a low carb dinner!
- 300 g riced cauliflower
- 2 tbsp onion finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup crushed pork rinds about 14g
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan about 28g
- 1/2 tsp EACH: garlic powder, paprika
- 1/4 tsp EACH: salt, cumin, chili powder
Prep the Cauliflower Tots
Add riced cauliflower to a microwave-safe bowl. Steam on high for 90 seconds. Once cool enough to handle, squeeze out excess moisture (cheesecloth can help).
Separately, combine the dry ingredients: Parmesan, pork rinds, and spices.
Add jalapeno, onion, and cheddar to cauliflower and mix to combine. Next, stir in the beaten egg and parmesan mixture.
Divide mixture into tablespoon sized portions, and form into tater tot shape with your hands.
- For maximum flavor, I'd recommend sharp cheddar for these jalapeno cheddar cauliflower tots.
- You can buy prepared crushed pork rinds, or make your own by pulsing whole pork rinds in a food processor.
- These tots are great served with a low carb ketchup like Alterna Sweets for dipping! You can save on your order with the code tryketo.
Serving: 5tots | Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.5g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 9g | Fiber: 1.5g