Keto Cauliflower Risotto with Parmesan
This keto cauliflower risotto recipe combines riced cauliflower with garlic, parmesan, and cream for a delicious low carb side!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb riced cauliflower
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or vegetable
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg optional
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add onion and saute until softened, about 1 minute. Add garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds or so.
Add riced cauliflower to pan, and toss to coat with the butter.
Add broth and white wine to cauliflower. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring often, until liquid is mostly evaporated and cauliflower is tender.
Reduce heat to medium low. Stir in cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg (if using).
Gradually add parmesan, continuing to stir. Cook until the cheese is melted and the mixture is creamy and thickened, 4-5 minutes.
Stir in fresh parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Storage: Store keto cauliflower risotto refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- I usually make riced cauliflower by pulsing florets in a food processor! You can also find pre-riced cauliflower in some produce sections. This recipe is based on using fresh (not frozen) cauliflower.
- If you don't have wine on hand or prefer not to use it, replace with additional stock.
Serving: 0.75cup | Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Potassium: 367mg | Fiber: 2.5g | Vitamin A: 800IU | Vitamin C: 45.4mg | Calcium: 630mg | Iron: 0.4mg