Basic Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
This keto cream cheese frosting recipe takes just a handful of ingredients and a few minutes to make. Perfect for frosting your favorite low carb cake!
Prep Time6 mins
Total Time6 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup powdered keto sweetener see notes
- 1 pinch salt optional, omit if using salted butter
Cream together cream cheese and butter until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
Beat in vanilla and powdered sweetener until well-combined and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Transfer to piping bag or spread directly onto cooled cake, cupcakes, or cookies.
This post may contain affiliate links. More details.
- Sweetener note: The sweetener measurement provided is based on sugar-equivalent sweeteners. Be sure to check your sweetener, and half the amount for 2:1 ratio sweeteners.
- Flavoring: Make different flavors of this keto cream cheese frosting by using different extracts instead of or in addition to the vanilla. Alternatively, use a splash of sugar free flavored syrup.
- Coloring: Both liquid and gel food coloring work well with this recipe. Add a few drops at a time to your finished frosting until you reach your desired color.
Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.5g | Protein: 1.25g | Fat: 14g