Keto Pizza Cups
Golden low carb pizza dough filled with pepperoni, sausage, and cheese make these keto pizza cups a fun and tasty appetizer.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 12 cups
- 5 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1 ounce shredded cheddar
- 1 ounce cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup almond flour blanched recommended
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large egg beaten
- 6 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ounce baby spinach optional
- 3 ounces pepperoni chopped
- 1.5 ounce shredded mozzarella
- .5 ounce grated parmesan
- 3/4 cup low carb pizza sauce
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella
Prep the Filling
Add sausage and garlic to a pan over medium heat. Sauté until nearly browned, then add spinach. Remove from heat when spinach is wilted and sausage is cooked through. Allow to cool.
Combine sausage mixture with pepperoni, mozzarella, and parmesan. Set aside.
Prep the Crust
Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare a muffin tin by thoroughly greasing or lining with nonstick cups.
Combine the dry ingredients for the crust: almond flour, xanthan gum, instant yeast, psyllium powder, baking powder, and seasonings.
Separately, add the mozzarella, cheddar, and cream cheese to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 75-90 seconds, or until melted. Stir until smooth.
Add about half of the almond flour mixture and half of the egg to the cheese mixture, and mix thoroughly. Repeat with the remaining flour and egg.
Knead briefly to form a smooth dough, then roll out to just under 1/4 thickness.
Cut dough into 12 even circular or square portions.
Keto Pizza Cups
Gently press dough into prepared muffin tin. Divide the filling mixture between the cups. Top each cup with about 1 tablespoon or sauce, then sprinkle with cheese.
Bake keto pizza cups for 16-18 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool for at least 2-3 minutes before removing from pan.
- Storage and Reheating: Store refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave, or in an oven, toaster, or air fryer at 300F for a few minutes.
- Mix up this recipe with the pizza toppings of your choice! Meat-based toppings should be cooked first.
- Make sure to choose a pizza sauce with low carb content, such as Rao's Marinara sauce or Primal Kitchen Tomato Basil sauce.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Fiber: 1g | Calcium: 20%