Keto Tri-Tip and Parmesan Roasted Squash
This keto one pan meal features a flavorful combination of oven roasted tri-tip and garlic parmesan veggies.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
Parmesan Roasted Veggies
- 8 ounces zucchini
- 8 ounces summer squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 ounces fresh parmesan shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
Prep the Parmesan Roasted Veggies
Cut the zucchini and summer squash into bite sized wedges and add to a mixing bowl.
Separately, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add mixture to veggies and toss to coat evenly.
Add about half of the parmesan to the veggies and toss again to combine. Set aside veggies and remaining parmesan.
Prep the Tri-Tip
If needed, trim your tri-tip by removing silvery membrane and excess fat.
Combine all keto tri-tip rub ingredients (or use a beef rub of your choice) and evenly coat the surface of the beef with it.
Add 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil to a cast iron skillet (or other oven-safe pan) over high heat.
When oil is hot, add seasoned tri-tip (fat side down) and sear for about 4 minutes.
Flip roast and remove from heat.
Roast in Oven
Move the seared tri-tip to one side of the pan, and add prepped veggies to the other side in an even layer. Top veggies with remaining parmesan.
Roast in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, depending on the size of the tri-tip.
Note: This would be a good time to make the keto chimichurri sauce
, if using.
Finish Under the Broiler
Finally, broil for 2-4 minutes, or until parmesan is golden brown, veggies are tender, and tri-tip reaches desired doneness (a meat thermometer inserted at the thickest section should read 130F for medium rare).
Serve Keto Tri-Tip and Roasted Veggies
- For the best flavor, season the tri-tip ahead of time and allow to rest in the fridge for a while (or up to overnight). Remove from refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- The keto tri-tip rub here is just a suggestion! You can replace it with about 3 tablespoons of any beef rub you prefer.
- Similarly, the keto chimichurri can be prepped ahead of time or swapped with another sauce of your choice.
- The nutrition for this keto tri-tip one pan meal is based on a 1.75lb raw weight tri-tip and does not include the chimichurri sauce. If using my keto chimichurri sauce recipe, add 65 calories, .5g net carbs, and 6.75g fat per tablespoon of sauce.
Calories: 505kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 32g | Fiber: 1.5g