Keto Garlic Parmesan Shrimp with Bacon
Serve this keto garlic parmesan shrimp over zoodles, cauliflower rice, or your favorite low carb pasta substitute for a delicious dinner.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 6 ounces bacon diced
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning divided
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 2 ounces fresh grated parmesan
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and set aside, but reserve the fat.
Add garlic, salt, pepper, and half (1 tsp) of the Italian seasoning to the shrimp, and toss to combine.
Return skillet to medium heat, and add butter to the reserved bacon fat. Once the butter is melted and the pan is hot, add shrimp and toss to coat.
Cook shrimp until pink and opaque, about 2-3 minutes per side. Squeeze with lemon, remove from pan, and set aside.
Add broth to skillet and warm through, 30-45 seconds. Stir in cream, red pepper, and remaining Italian seasoning.
Bring cream mixture to a simmer. Stir in parmesan and mozzarella. Reduce heat to medium low and keep at a low simmer until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened, 4-5 minutes.
Return shrimp to sauce and simmer until heated through again, 1-2 minutes. Stir in bacon and parsley. Season to taste.
Serve over veggie noodles, cauliflower rice, or your favorite low carb pasta replacement.
- For fresh or frozen zucchini noodles, I would recommend cooking separately and serving the shrimp and sauce on top. Sturdier options like shiritaki or konjac pasta can be added directly to the pan to heat thrrough and coat with sauce.
- Alternatively, make this a full meal by wilting a few cups of fresh spinach in the sauce before returning the shrimp to the skillet.
- Reheat leftovers in the microwave or in a pan over medium low heat.
Calories: 425kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g