Easy Instant Pot Keto Chicken Bone Broth
Make your own flavorful, nutritious keto chicken bone broth for cooking with or sipping on to warm up!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time2 hrs
Venting Time30 mins
Total Time2 hrs 40 mins
Servings: 10 servings
- 2 pounds chicken bones yield from 1-2 chickens
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery leaves and ends included
- 1 large onion quartered, skin on
- 4 cloves garlic smashed, skin on
- 1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp whole black peppercorns about 15-20
- Fresh herbs ex. rosemary, thyme, parsley
- 10 cups water or enough to just cover bones and veggies
Add bones, veggies, and herbs to Instant Pot.
Add water. It should be enough to cover the bones and veggies, but not come too close to the max fill line.
Place Instant Pot lid on, and set valve to sealing. Use the Manual high pressure setting, and set the timer to 2 hours (120 minutes).
Allow pressure to release naturally for about 20 minutes, then release the valve and remove the lid.
Carefully strain broth through a mesh strainer or cheesecloth, and discard the solids.
Season keto chicken bone broth to taste.
This post may contain affiliate links. More details.
- Storage: Keeps for 5-7 days refrigerated in sealed containers, such as mason jars. You can also freeze portions in an ice cube try or silicone muffin cups, then store for later use.
- Reheating: Warm in the microwave or in a saucepan over medium heat.
- For a richer keto chicken bone broth: After the initial pressure cook, use a Manual low pressure cook for another 90-120 minutes. This will make a broth with higher gelatin/collagen content that may settle or gel when cooled. Delicious and nutritious, but might not work for every recipe.
Calories: 50kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 2g | Fiber: 1g