Easy Keto Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
I learned pretty early on in my keto journey that cheesecake is one of the easiest desserts to “keto-fy.” The base ingredients of cream cheese and egg are keto friendly as is, so in many cases all you need to do is swap out the sugar for a keto friendly sweetener. Low carb cheesecake crust recipes can get a little trickier, which is why this keto mint chocolate cheesecake bar recipe initially used a basic cookie crust. Unfortunately, the low carb cookies I used originally were discontinued recently.
Of course, that didn’t mean the end of these keto mint chocolate cheesecake bars! Making a DIY low carb chocolate crust is actually pretty simple. The main ingredients are blanched almond flour and melted butter, keto baking staples. Add some cocoa powder for chocolate flavor, vanilla for balance, and a little sweetener. Then just prebake it before adding the filling, and you’ve got the perfect chocolate crust!
As I mentioned earlier, the cheesecake filling itself is super simple too. In fact, It only takes a handful of ingredients: cream cheese, eggs, sweetener, vanilla, and mint. You can also add a few drops of green food coloring, but that’s totally optional. Either way, it’s easy to whip up while your crust is baking so you can minimize your time spent waiting. Like most cheesecake recipes though, these keto mint chocolate cheesecake bars still need some chill time.
I chose to stick with squares instead of a full cheesecake because it cuts both the bake and chill time down significantly. This recipe takes less than 30 minutes in the oven and two hours to chill. A full sized cheesecake can take two hours in the oven, and need to be chilled overnight. The relative speed means you can easily make these keto cheesecake bars at lunchtime to enjoy an after dinner treat.
Looking for another creamy keto cheesecake recipe? Try this Keto Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake.
Keto Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare an 8x8 square baking dish by lining with parchment paper.
Prep the Chocolate Crust
- Combine dry ingredients (almond flour, cocoa, sweetener, coconut flour, and baking powder).
- Add melted butter and vanilla to dry ingredients, and stir to combine. Press the crust into the bottom of the prepared baking dish to form an even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven, then remove from oven and allow to cool while you make the filling.
Prep the Mint Cheesecake Filling
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add granulated Lakanto (or other sweetener), vanilla extract, and mint extract. Continue beating until well combined.
- At medium low speed, add the egg and egg yolk. Mix until just combined.
- Finally, stir in food coloring (if using) to reach your desired shade of green.
Layer and Bake
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the prepared cookie crust and smooth into an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until set in the center.
- Cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set.
Slice and Serve
- Once chilled and set, slice into individual servings. Top with whipped cream, chocolate drizzle, and/or more crushed cookies if desired.
- These keto mint chocolate cheesecake bars were originally made with a Nui cookie crust, but unfortunately the double chocolate Nui cookies were discontinued. You can use another low carb cookie for the crust if desired, just process into crumbs and add 2-3 tbsp of melted butter.
- I like to use Lakanto Original for this recipe (save 20% w/ code TRYKETO), but 1/3 cup of any sugar equivalent granulated sweetener should work. You can also use 1/3 cup granulated erythritol with a few drops of liquid stevia or sucralose to taste.
- You can easily leave out the mint extract and food coloring to make cookies and cream cheesecake bars instead.
This post may contain affiliate links. More details.