Fresh Strawberry Basil Lemonade
This refreshing low carb strawberry basil lemonade is easy to make, and perfect to enjoy on a warm summer or fall day. Per serving: ~15kcal, 3.5g total carbs – 1g fiber = ~2.5g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Total Time: 12m
- Serves: 4
- 4 ounces (~112g) fresh strawberries. trimmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 3 fluid ounces (6T, ~90ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar equivalent sweetener
- 1 cup ice
- 3 cups water
- Combine strawberries, sweetener, and 1/2C of water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until strawberries are softened and sweetener is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chopped basil. Remove from heat and allow to rest for ~2 minutes.
- Add strawberry mixture and lemon juice to a blender or food processor, and puree for 8-10 seconds.
- Add ice to a drink pitcher or carafe. Pour strawberry puree over ice to cool. Add remaining water (using more or less as desired) and stir to combine.
- Store in the refrigerator. Serve over ice, optionally garnished with strawberry slices, basil leaves, and/or lemon wedges/zest.