Keto Pumpkin French Toast
I promise this is my last keto pumpkin recipe for a while (or at least until next year!), but I think this keto pumpkin French toast is definitely worth an addition to the list. If you appreciate a little pumpkin spice with your low carb breakfast, it’s a quicker option compared to baking up a batch of doughnuts or pancakes. All it really takes is your favorite low carb bread and a handful of other ingredients to whip this up in as little as 15 minutes!
You can use either homemade or store bought low carb bread to make this keto pumpkin French toast. Just avoid options that are too spongey or cake-like in texture, which won’t hold up well when dipped in the batter. Premade options I have tried that work well include Chompies (available from Netrition), Kiss My Keto, and Natural Ovens (available online or in stores). As always when trying new premade “keto-friendly” products, I recommend using a tool like Keto-Mojo or Keyto to verify that you don’t get kicked out of ketosis.
With that settled, this keto pumpkin French toast is made like any standard French toast recipe. Just dip the bread in an egg/milk mixture flavored with cinnamon and vanilla. The extra kick of flavor comes from a combination of unsweetened pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. You can also add a little extra sweetener to the batter if you prefer. Either way, simply coat the bread with the egg mixture and fry in a bit of butter until golden brown!
Looking for more keto pumpkin recipes? You might also like:
- Keto Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Spiced Keto Pumpkin Soup with Bacon
- Keto Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts
- Easy Keto Pumpkin Butter
- Keto Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Bars
Keto Pumpkin French Toast
- Prep the keto pumpkin French toast batter by whisking together the egg, cream, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and sweetener until smooth.
- Dip bread into the batter and flip to thoroughly coat both sides.
- Melt half of the butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the first two slices of French toast and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining butter and French toast.
- Serve keto pumpkin French toast topped with butter, sugar free syrup, chopped nuts, and/or whipped cream as desired.
- Storage: Once cooled, you can store leftover keto pumpkin French toast refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- Reheating: Reheat in the microwave, toaster, or in a nonstick pan over medium low heat.
- Several of my local grocery stores now carry low carb bread options. Online, you can find brands like Chompies and Kiss My Keto bread. Homemade is also an option! You can check your ketone levels with a tool like Keto-Mojo or Keyto if you are concerned about ingredient sensitivities.
- Nutritional estimate provided is based on using Natural Ovens Keto-Friendly Bread, and will vary based on bread used.