Keto Peppered Maple Pecan Bacon
From the smokiness of the bacon, to the sweetness of the maple, to the kick of heat from the black pepper, this recipe is keto friendly while also packing a ton of delicious flavor. Per 2 slices: 175 calories, 15g fat, 7g protein, 3g total carbs – 2g fiber = 1 net carb.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 25m
- Serves: 3
- Yield: 6 slices
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 3/4 ounce (about 21g) pecans, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar free maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare a baking sheet by topping with parchment paper or a nonstick wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped pecans and black pepper.
- Arrange bacon on prepared baking sheet, being careful not to overlap slices. Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until bacon just begins to brown.
- Carefully remove pan from oven. While bacon is still hot, brush with syrup and then sprinkle with the pecan/pepper mixture.
- Return to oven for an additional 5-8 minutes, or until bacon reaches desired doneness.
- Transfer to paper towels to absorb any excess fat before serving. Best eaten fresh, but can be stored and reheated.