Low Carb Maple Waffle French Toast
Waffles are delicious, french toast is delicious, so it only makes sense that this low carb waffle french toast is delicious too!
Per serving: 327kcal, 26g fat, 15g protein, 3.3g net carbs
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 30m
- Serves: 4
Low Carb Waffles
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash each salt and cinnamon
French Toast Batter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar free maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, extracts, eggs, and sweetener. I like to use a bullet-style blender for this, but you can also do it by hand.
- Add remaining waffle ingredients and blend/mix again until batter is well combined. Allow batter to rest for 1-2 minutes.
- Prepare waffles according to your iron's instructions and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, whisk together all batter ingredients in a bowl
- Transfer waffles to a shallow dish and add the egg mixture, turning waffles to coat thoroughly and working in batches if needed. Allow 30-60 seconds for the batter to soak in.
- Melt butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat, or an electric griddle set to about 300F.
- Cook waffles for about 1-2 minutes each side, or until golden brown, adding more butter to the pan as needed.
- Serve with powdered sweetener and sugar free syrup, butter and sugar free jam, fresh berries and whipped cream, or other toppings.