Soft Keto Tortilla Recipe
This keto tortilla recipe will make your taco Tuesday complete! Per tortilla: ~120kcal, 9g fat, 5g protein, 6g total carbs – 4.5g fiber = 1.5g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Total Time: 20m
- Serves: 6
- Yield: 6 tortillas
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1 pinch chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon finely ground flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- In a medium sized bowl, sift or stir together all dry ingredients (flours, flax meal, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, and chili powder (if using).
- Separately, whisk together remaining (liquid) ingredients.
- Make a "well" in the center of the dry ingredient mixture. Pour liquid ingredients into this well, and fold to combine until a dough forms. If the dough doesn't completely come together, add additional water (by the teaspoon) as needed.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap (or place into a plastic bag) and knead for 1-2 minutes. Allow to rest for an additional ~5 minutes afterwards.
- Separate dough into six equal sections, and roll each into a ball. Place a portion of dough between two sheets of parchment paper, and use a rolling pin to flatten it into a circle ~5 inches across. Repeat for each ball of dough.
- In a lightly greased skillet or griddle over medium heat, cook each tortilla for 1-2 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Store under a slightly damp cloth or paper towel to prevent finished tortillas from drying out while you cook the rest.
- Serve room temperature or gently warmed in the stove or microwave. Store refrigerated in a sealed container with a slightly damp paper towel to preserve softness.