WakeShake Low Carb Cinnamon Doughnut Holes
I hesitate to call these doughnut holes since they are baked instead of fried, but that doesn’t change the fact that they are super tasty and easy to make!
PS: Don’t have WakeShake? You can pick some up for 10% off when you use the code TKW10 at Superbody Breakthrough.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 30m
- Serves: 5 servings
- Yield: 10 doughnut holes
- 1 scoop WakeShake, cinnamon bun flavor
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour + additional for kneading
- 2 tablespoons granulated erythritol or other sweetener
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg (optional)
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons (~42g) butter, cold
Cinnamon "Sugar" Coating
- 3 tablespoons granulated erythritol or other sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare a baking dish by lightly greasing with coconut oil or butter and set aside.
- Combine sweetener and cinnamon for the coating in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Sift together dry ingredients for doughnut holes. Using a fork or pastry cutter, cut in cold butter until mixture looks like small "crumbs" and then chill in freezer for ~5 minutes.
- Add liquid ingredients and stir gently to combine.
- Turn dough onto a surface lightly dusted with ~1T coconut flour and knead gently until no longer sticky to the touch.
- Divide dough into 10-12 equal sections (I use a cookie scoop for consistent sizing), and roll them into balls.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until surface is browned and crisp to the touch.
- Dip each ball in melted butter to coat and then roll in the cinnamon/sweetener mixture. Place them in your prepared baking dish about 1" apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the outsides are browned and crisp to the touch. Allow to cool 1-2 minutes before serving. Best enjoyed warm.