Keto Smoked Salmon Dip
Salmon is a great keto protein, both because of the healthy fat content and because it’s just plain delicious. Glazed, baked, or blackened, it pairs well with a lot of different flavors and is hard to mess up. In fact, one of my favorite ways to enjoy salmon doesn’t require any cooking at all. Smoked salmon is tasty without doing much extra prep, though it can also be a bit pricey. This keto smoked salmon dip recipe helps stretch the fantastic flavor a bit further by using it to infuse a creamy spread.
Most smoked salmon dips are cream cheese based, and this one is no different. I also add a bit of mayo for extra creaminess, and sour cream for a little tang. In fact, this keto smoked salmon dip works so well because it uses brighter flavors to balance the richness from the salmon and cream cheese. In particular, dill and and lemon add a ton of freshness.
Best of all, prepping this keto smoked salmon dip is as simple as can be. Just add everything to a food processor! I personally like it with a little texture from the salmon, but you can process it to be as smooth as you like. Serve with your favorite low carb crackers, keto pita chips, or veggies for dipping!
Looking for more keto seafood recipes? You might also like:
- Keto Blackened Salmon with Spinach Cream Sauce
- One Pan Keto Pesto Salmon with Veggies
- Keto Garlic Parmesan Shrimp and Bacon
- Low Carb Sesame Ginger Salmon
- Shrimp and Sausage Keto Foil Packs
Keto Smoked Salmon Dip
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 ounces mayo
- 2 ounces sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice about 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 tsp lemon zest about 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1.5 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 tbsp chives or green onion chopped
- 4 ounces smoked salmon chopped
- Add lemon juice, cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, garlic, salt, and pepper to food processor. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Add dill, chives, and smoked salmon. Pulse until desired texture. Taste, and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve with flax crackers, low carb pita chips, and/or veggies for dipping.
- Storage: Store refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 5 days (or until the shelf date of your smoked salmon, if sooner).
- Keto smoked salmon dip will stiffen in the fridge; soften at room temperature before serving.
- This recipe can be made with dried dill instead of fresh, but will be less flavorful.