Shrimp and Sausage Keto Foil Packs
Keto meal prep recipes were super helpful at the start of my keto journey, because they helped me to get a good handle on low carb ingredients, macros, and portion sizes without getting too overwhelmed. Keto soups, one pan meals, and other “batch” style recipes were great for learning and for keeping keto meals at the ready as I adjusted to low carb life. In fact, I’m still a fan now! These shrimp and sausage keto foil packs are one of my newer low carb meal prep favorites. They are super flavorful, easy to make, and pre-portioned for convenience.
The first key to how simple these keto foil packs is the protein(s). Shrimp cook quickly and absorb flavor really well. Smoked sausage helps to balance out their leanness without adding cook time. To make it a meal, I also throw in some veggies. I went with zucchini and peppers, but you could definitely mix things up with other options like broccoli or asparagus too!
Of course, plain meat and veggies would be pretty bland so naturally these keto foil packs need some added flavor. The combination of shrimp and sausage is a Cajun classic, so that’s the inspiration I went with for the seasoning. Smoky paprika and spicy cayenne, and some other herbs and spices to round things out. Onion and garlic are a must too, and some fresh cilantro brightens everything up. A blend of butter and olive oil helps everything to meld.
Actually cooking these shrimp and sausage keto foil packs couldn’t be easier. Just mix everything together, divide onto sheets of foil, seal, and bake! You can also toss them on the grill when the weather is warmer. Either way, the foil keeps all the seasoning and moisture inside so you get a lot of flavor without a lot of effort. The veggies end up perfectly steamed and the shrimp is tender. Enjoy straight out of the pack, or serve over a side like cauliflower rice to make the most of the buttery sauce.
Looking for another keto shrimp and zucchini recipe? Try these Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Stuffed Zucchini Boats!
Easy Shrimp and Sausage Keto Foil Packs
- Aluminum foil
- Measuring spoons
Keto Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packets
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 8 oz smoked sausage andouille or kielbasa
- 1 large zucchini about 12 ounces
- 4 oz bell pepper sliced
- 1 oz red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp paprika smoked recommended
- 1 tsp EACH: onion powder, dried oregano, salt
- 1/2 tsp EACH: cayenne pepper, black pepper, dried thyme, dried parsley, and garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cut 4 sheets of foil, about 12"x12".
- Slice zucchini and smoked sausage into bite sized rounds or wedges.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shrimp, sausage, zucchini, peppers, and onion.
- Separately, whisk together the Cajun marinade ingredients (olive oil, melted butter, minced garlic, and spices).
- Add marinade and cilantro to your shrimp/sausage/veggie mixture and toss to coat.
- Divide mixture into four portions and place into the center of each sheet of foil. Fold and seal the foil.
- Arrange keto foil packets on a sheet pan, and bake for 16-20 minutes, or until zucchini is tender and shrimp is cooked through.
- These keto shrimp and sausage foil packs have a bit of heat to them; halve the cayenne pepper to keep things a little milder. For more heat, use spicy sausage, up the cayenne, or add a pinch of crushed red pepper.
- I use tail-off shrimp so that it's easy to enjoy this recipe straight out of the foil packet, but you can leave the tails on if you prefer.
- Be careful when opening the foil, as there will be steam inside.
Turned out great. Very filling and flavorful.
I’m so glad you liked it, thanks for sharing!