Keto “Red, White, and Bleu” Slaw
I love a good keto slaw recipe, especially as the weather heats up! It’s a great summer side, since you can usually avoid turning on the stove or oven to make one. This low carb “red, white, and bleu” slaw gets its name from the key ingredients: red cabbage, white cabbage, and blue cheese. Diced bacon adds some extra flavor, and a light dressing brings everything together.
Like most keto slaws, this recipe will taste best if you let it rest for a little bit before serving. It’s still very quick and easy to make overall though! I like it as a keto barbecue side dish, since it doesn’t require any extra cooking (aside from the bacon). Just toss everything together before (or while) the meat goes on the grill. For a keto slaw with a different flavor profile, try my almond sesame brussels sprouts slaw.
Keto Bacon and Blue Cheese Slaw
- Wooden spoon
- Cutting board
- Chef's knife
Keto Red White and Bleu Slaw
- 3 cups (about 9oz/255g) white/green cabbage shredded
- 1 cups (about 3oz/85g) red cabbage shredded
- 2 ounces (~56g) bleu cheese crumbled
- 4 slices bacon cooked and diced
- 1 green onion finely sliced
- 1.5 ounces (42g) pecans chopped, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all slaw ingredients (cabbage, bacon, blue cheese, and green onion).
- Separately, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Taste, and add additional salt, vinegar, and/or sweetener as desired.
- Add dressing to slaw and toss to coat.
- For best results, chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Storage refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
- This keto slaw recipe makes just over 5 cups, making a serving about 2/3C.
- If you prefer a "creamier" slaw, you can use more mayo in addition to or instead of the olive oil.